Paper and cardboard are collected separately, so that they can be recycled into, for example, newspaper, toilet paper, packaging materials, etc.
How is the waste collected?
Depending on where you live, the waste paper will be collected in a (underground) container or it needs to be placed on the sideway on the day it will be collected.
Bundle it or put it in boxes (not in plastic bags).
Check your waste collection schedule for collection dates and times.
paper waste can be recycled into new paper
a quarter of all household waste is made of paper and cardboard
milk and juices cartons do NOT belong to paper waste
bundle the paper waste or put it in boxes
What qualifies as paper?
- Newspapers and advertising folders
- Copying paper, writing paper and drawing paper, telephone directories
- Egg boxes
- Paper bags and cardboard boxes
- Cardboard and paper packaging
- Milk and juice cartons
- Plasticized paper
- Sanitary paper products like paper towels, toilet paper and diapers
- Contaminated paper (e.g. pizza boxes, freezer boxes, used coffee filters)
"Advertising leaflets and door-to-door papers provide a lot of paper waste. If you do not want to receive unaddressed mail, then paste a no / yes sticker or no / no sticker on your mailbox."