Plastic waste refers to plastic packaging like empty bags, bags, bottles, cups and plastic covers. It does not include old toys, videotapes, broken garden chairs and other plastic items. This kind of plastic waste is classified as household waste (garden chairs and other large plastic items are bulky household waste).
Where can you deposit plastic packaging material?
You will find recycling dumpsters for plastics located across the city, near shopping centres and supermarkets in the vicinity of bottle banks. You can also deposit plastic packaging materials at one of the waste recycling points.
there are special containers for plastic packaging
will be processed into new products
the packages must be empty
What qualifies as plastic waste?
- Plastic bags and bread-, pasta and rice bags
- Candy bags
- Wraps from magazines and advertising materials
- Plastic trays/bags used for vegetables, fruit and salads
- Yoghurt, cream and ice cream pots
- Lids from pots of peanut butter, chocolate spread, etc.
- Laundry detergent and cleaning product bottles
- Oil and vinegar bottles
- Bottles used for soft drinks, water and liquid dairy products
- Shampoo, shower gel, hand soap and bath foam bottles and similar
- Plastic packaging with content
- Chips packs
- Hard plastic utensils (toys, videotapes, buckets and watering cans)
- Cardboard milk and juice packages
- Packaging of chemical waste (make-up remover and turpentine)
- Blister strips of medication and chewing gum
- Medical waste / home care (plastic gloves, injection needles and infusion hoses)
"In order to properly separate the plastic, it is important to put the plastic packaging waste empty into a bag in the container."